Hivekind Apprenticeship Program
We are looking for enthusiastic people with a passion for coding to join our Apprenticeship program. We have designed it to teach you the basics of software development, frameworks, and workflows to solve real-life development problems. By the end of the program, you will be capable of working on any assigned task—backend or frontend. Candidates who successfully graduate from the program will be offered a full-time position at our company.
About the Program
- This program is for recent graduates with exceptional academic qualifications and basic experience in programming.
- The program will start with an 8-12 week training program conducted by industry professionals.
- After training, candidates will be onboarded to one of our teams where they will get the chance to work on real-world Internet Brands products.
- Candidates who successfully complete the onboarding (which takes 3-6 months) will be offered a permanent, full-time Associate Software Engineer position at our company.
- The performance of Associate Software Engineers will be reviewed every six months, until promoted to Junior Software Engineer.
- Above all else, you’re a developer—you love code and coding.
- You enjoy solving technical problems.
- You dabble in the cutting-edge, and engage with others in technical communities.
Skills and Requirements
- Must be eligible to work in Malaysia (we cannot provide an Employment Pass for this position).
- Computer Science or STEM-related degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Possesses fundamental programming knowledge, including OOP principles.
- Basic mastery of git (branching, committing, and merging).
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Basic command of SQL (SELECT and JOIN).
Perks and Benefits
- Get paid to learn and kickstart a career in Software Engineering.
- We provide office space if you need a place to work that's not your home or you prefer the office routine.
- Free lunch every day you work from our office in Bangsar South.
- A laptop will be provided for carrying out your work.
- Supportive colleagues and guidance on career growth paths and professional development.
- Full-time junior developer positions for candidates who successfully complete the program.
How to Apply
If you'd like to apply for this program, send an email introducing yourself and with your resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org.