Product Manager for Scrum Teams
At Hivekind we help our clients grow their software-based products. We do this by helping them figure out how to evolve their products over time, and by developing related changes. We love Agile and prefer to use Scrum on our teams. We are looking for capable Product Managers to join us.
Seniority and Salary
- This position is open to Mid-Level and Senior candidates.
- Salaries will be offered according to ability and experience, and can range from MYR 8,500 to MYR 16,000.
About the Role
- You'll be the main point of contact between our client and our development team for one or a few ongoing Hivekind projects.
- You'll work with clients to figure out what they need done in order to consider our work a success for them.
- You'll gather input from stakeholders in our client's organization, the development team, the market and users of the product, and turn it into a coherent and prioritized product backlog.
- You'll provide context about the product and project, to both clients and Hivekind team members.
- You'll work within your team to get clarity on technical details, effort, and estimates.
- You'll ensure there is full transparency to clients related to the current state of development, challenges, risks, estimation, and blockers.
- You're the type of person who loves building products.
- You understand the conventions of good web application design.
- Although you may not have significant graphical design skills, you're handy with mock-up tools and the basics of UX design.
- You like to think like a user, and find ways to get in their head.
- You prefer learning what users want through data driven approaches like surveys and usability testing, but you're not afraid to go with your gut when it feels right.
- You enjoy interacting with many people and collecting and refining their feedback into actionable work.
Skills and Requirements
- For Mid-Level positions, three or more years of relevant experience either as a Product Owner, a Web Designer or a Technical Project Manager of software projects. Six or more years for Senior positions.
- Proficiency in Scrum and an understanding of other Agile methodologies, such as Kanban.
- Demonstrable understanding of web design concepts and conventions.
- A propensity to look for understanding through data rather than by making personal judgement calls.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and enthusiasm to work with diverse personality types.
Perks and Benefits
- Remote-first culture. We practice remote-first, which means flexible working hours, freedom to manage your schedule, and a home-office support budget.
- An office environment if you want it. We provide office space, if you need a place to work that's not your home or you prefer the office routine. There's free lunch every day for everyone who comes in.
- Supportive colleagues and clear guidance on career growth paths and professional development.
- Education and wellness. An allocated amount to spend each month on educational material and wellness services.
- Comprehensive medical insurance and a dental/optical allowance.
- A laptop (16-inch MacBook Pro or equivalent) will be supplied for carrying out your work.
- Employment Passes can be obtained for non-Malaysians wishing to work with us in Malaysia.
How to Apply
If you'd like to apply for this position, send an email introducing yourself and with your resume attached to email@example.com.