Seniority and Salary
- This position is open to Mid-Level and Senior candidates.
- Salaries will be offered according to ability and experience, and can range from MYR 8,500 to MYR 18,500.
About the Role
- You’ll be a member of a small team of developers which delivers product increments in an Agile setting.
- You’ll help your team by producing quality work through planning sessions, pair programming, code review and the use of code quality metrics.
- You’ll help improve technical processes so that the whole team stays productive.
- You’ll look for and take opportunities to help the team become stronger and more experienced.
- You’ll be comfortable talking extemporaneously about team status and progress with a variety of stakeholders when needed.
- Above all else, you’re a developer. You love code and coding.
- You love to talk about the nuances and trade-offs of implementation approaches.
- You dabble in the cutting-edge, and debate with others in technical communities without losing sight of the value of stable and proven technologies.
- You take pride in providing a quality solution, whether it be in coding style, test coverage, or correctness of the product.
- You like to get to know about peripheral disciplines which help you achieve quality, like QA, Project/Product Management, UI/UX Design.
- You gain satisfaction from helping others around you, your team members have a lot of respect for the work you do and the way you behave, and other people in the organization think of you as a source of help and a solver of problems.
- You don’t mind speaking out when you believe there are better options to follow, but you are open to other points of view and understand making compromises is part of running a project.
- You like pushing projects forward and are always on the look-out for creative ways to do so.
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
- Good temperament, a genuine enjoyment of working as a team, and of helping others grow.
- Relevant technical experience with some or all of the following: the React ecosystem, Node, GraphQL, PHP/Laravel, Linux, PostgreSQL.
Perks and Benefits
- Remote-first culture. We practice remote-first, which means flexible working hours, freedom to manage your schedule, and a home-office support budget.
- An office environment if you want it. We provide office space, if you need a place to work that's not your home or you prefer the office routine. There's free lunch every day for everyone who comes in.
- Supportive colleagues and guidance on career growth paths and professional development.
- Education and wellness. An allocated amount to spend each month on educational material and wellness services.
- Comprehensive medical insurance and a dental/optical allowance.
- A laptop (16-inch MacBook Pro or equivalent) will be supplied for carrying out your work.
- Employment Passes can be obtained for non-Malaysians wishing to work with us in Malaysia.
How to Apply
If you'd like to apply for this position, send an email introducing yourself and with your resume attached to email@example.com.